Friday, December 2, 2011

What is the reason for the great chess divide?

My friend is an avid chess player. He has always been interested in playing chess for as long I have known him. He says that about 95% of the people he knows that play chess are men and only about 5% are women. If their were more women chess players, I think he would have found them. Why are women no attracted to playing chess?|||Well, I admit it's not as quirky as a romantic comedy. Chess is like mind judo. The idea is to get your opponent to submit. And submission is not a term many women are comfortable with.|||Women are smart enough to know when something is boring.|||LOL @ Nataly





I actually like chess, my dad taught me to play the game when I was seven. I bought the board with my own money because I thought it looked interesting, and he got all stoked. He and my boyfriend frequently kick my *** at it, but it's a fun time waster nonetheless.|||I love chess. But, I was never interested in it until hubby told me he would like to teach me. I thought it would be boring but it's actually quite exciting and takes a bit of strategy that I like.





EDIT: Capone--thumbs up for "mind judo", that is excellent!! ROFL!!!|||I guess it's because there are more male nerds and geeks than female ones. That's why men seem to be more interested in "boring" activities like chess, poker, video games, etc...|||Because a lot of women find chess boring. Like me, for instance. I play it with no.2 son sometimes because he is very keen, but it is pretty tedious. It's one of those things that men are more likely to enjoy than women.

No comments:

Post a Comment