Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What do you call a person who avidly plays chess?

I know it sounds like a simple question, but I'm writing something, and I need to sound as smart as possible. LOL. No joke.





So.. What do you call a person who avidly plays chess/games??





Thanks.|||Hello!





There are several words one could call this chess playing silhouette, but I personally would go with the best one... Chess enthusiast.





A Chess Expert is someone with a chess rating of 2000-2199, so don't use "expert"





Yes, Chess enthusiast definitely sounds the best.





I myself am one!





If you wish to sound smart, feel free to inject the words: Plethora, incessantly, maugre, unwavering, nugatory, and perfervedly into your item of written constitution.





~ John ~





btw, my answer is totally the longest. That means I get best answer, right? I mean, there's a certain amount of logic which would suggest the longest answer to be the most ardent endeavor. so... yeah.





Endeavor is a great word to use too. Means attempt... incessant means eternal basically. Or you could try perpetual, which is a synonym for eternal.





Plethora means vast amount.





Perfervedly means the same as ardently, so... enthusiastic.





Maugre means because of, or ... in reaction to. So, I'm writing the definitions maugre my suggesting them for you earlier in this answer.





Nugatory means useless...





I would suggest *all* of these if you wish to sound as one solely for epeolatry! (epeolatry = loving of words) (solely is great too.)|||A chess player sounds most logical. Simple but logical.|||How about Chessaholic? (that set the spell checker off!)





But then, that may not sound as smart as Chess Enthusiast or even Chess Freak.|||Chess enthusiast.|||They're called Chess Masters, I'm not sure if this refers to a person who 'avidly' plays a lot. It means that he's sort of a Chess expert.





Cheers|||You call the person by his or her name XD|||The term you are looking for could be "chess fanatic" or "chess tragic".|||An intelectual, someone who is distant.|||Virgin|||NERD?

No comments:

Post a Comment