Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What is the orchestration for the musical Chess?

I have tried looking for any information online which may give me an idea of orchestration for the Musical Chess, but I can't seem to find any. Does anybody have information on this? I want to pitch a show, but I need to be able to outline orchestration.





I don't want just synthethizers or backing tracks, please.|||I MD'd the show several years ago so will try and remember the orchestrations.....


- Clarinet


- Flute/piccolo


- Oboe/cor anglais


- Bassoon


- 3 trumpets (we did it with two and it was fine)


- Trombone


- French horn


- Guitar


- Bass


- Drums


- Percussion


- 3 keyboards (again, we did it with two and with some redistribution of who played what - the most important two parts at any one time were being played!)


- I think there are string parts but we cut them without any problems at all, no rearrangement necessary.





I think this is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment